The Warwick Tamil society unites the Tamil diaspora and celebrates the rich culture heritage of the Tamil speaking community, in our home away from home. The Tamil community spans across countries such as Sri Lanka, India and Malaysia, to name a few, hence there are a variety of different histories, religions, festivals and beliefs that we unite. This diversity is not something that all cultural societies have access to. We interact with the Tamil community on a national level working closely with multiple societies to bring together people through clubbing events, dinners and local social gatherings. We actively encourage non-Tamil students to be a part of our community, not only to learn about the Tamil culture, but also to partake and enjoy the diverse opportunities that we present.
Since our establishment as a society, we have been able to accomplish the following:
- – Took part in an Inter-University dance and music competition called Faceoff
- – Co-hosted a club night with Sri Lankan Society in Smack
- – Represented the society’s tradition and culture in the O.W.W Fashion Show
- – Dinner socials in Coventry and Leamington Spa at restaurants such as Kayal
- – Socials such as Movie nights including trips to Birmingham
- – Club nights out at other universities in the Midlands such as Nottingham University
- – Represented the society’s sporting talents at the Warwick Asian Games
- – Opportunity to work with UKTSU joining together all the Tamil Societies in the UK
And there will be more events and opportunities for you to take part in with your friends at TSoc!