Our event ‘Namma Oor Run’ marked a special day on the 29th of October 2017 as it united many Tamils of all ages from different oors to come together to fundraise for an important cause project back home (Media scheme center based in Kumulamunai, Mullaitivu).What made it extra special was the level of of support that came along from friends and family of the participants to celebrate a wonderful journey.
12 dedicated teams came together to represent different oors as part of the fundraising effort with a total of more than 70 participants taking part on the day of the run.
With incredible efforts from all teams came remarkable results as we have raised over £14K ( £16.5k inc gift aid) . We have only managed this amazing achievement through the hard work of our participants and your support .The donation link is still open until 10/11/2017 and we are so close to reaching our £15k target .
A massive thank you to all our runners who have worked very hard to raise as much money as possible and are still continuing to do so ; your hard work will undoubtedly make a massive difference for the aspiring kids back home. We are proud to witness the emergence of many people from different oors to support a momentous cause project back home. After all, “where there is unity , there is always victory.”
To register fill in the form below?
- This 5k run will be uniting all Tamils with a chance to do something for your hometown (or your associated oor).
- This initiative will bring us together and unveil the history behind each town.
- With your enormous effort comes an invaluable reward as the district team with the biggest fundraiser will be able to donate 25% of the total fundraiser amount raised by all the teams for your chosen district project . This is a great opportunity to contribute something special for your home sail .
- North London’s Finsbury Park. Conveniently located a few minutes walk from Finsbury Park station, it is easily accessible and will be held on Sunday 29th of October.
- We are currently building a media center for a school in Mullaitheevu called Kumulunai madhya mahavidyalayam. Following the building of the media center, the media center requires 30 computers, 2 printers, 10 interactive whiteboard, 35 plug points, 2 large doors with locking arrangements, computer desks and chairs. This project will focus on fundraising for the equipments needed for the media centre. This will benefit many students as they will be able to use IT facilicities in further aiding the student’s studies.
GET STARTED BELOW