UKTSU has taken our Nalamthaana initiative back home – in Feb 2015 we completed a 3-moth pilot scheme where our team of doctors, nurses and trained professionals embarked upon a series of weekly visits to the most rural villages on the outskirts of Mannar.
Universal access to healthcare is something we are yet to achieve – this is common knowledge however the fact that villagers in the north of Sri-Lanka are still dying from snake bites, pneumonia and treatable conditions in 2015 – in a world where people are able to get free services for cosmetic procedures is beyond injustice.
This is what bought our Nalamthaana – mobile health team together. Our vision is simple: to provide people with a basic human right:
A big vision always starts with the first step and we believe that this is ours – we have formed a team of experts back home and a group of dedicated UK students and professionals to raise funds, plan strategies and raise awareness of the problems that cause thousands of avoidable deaths each year.
We are running medical mobile health clinics in 6 of the most rural deprived villages in the north Sri-Lanka
- Health checks by qualified professionals
- Life saving medication
- Supplementary food to the malnourished
- Education on basic healthcare and sanitation
We want to continue this initiative and we need your help to make our vision a reality
- Join our team on the ground in the UK & back home
- Sponsor us or just donate
- Simply spread the word and share our page
- Opportunity to develop skills working in a dynamic team
- Chance to go back home and work with doctors on the ground
- CV booster for any job